That appears to be what
D.C. Mordor aspires to.
This is the logo for the launch of the most recent “Eye in the Sky, Looking at You.” But it reflects the general attitude of our governing class these days: nothing — no right, no activity, no private preference — is beyond their reach.
One can certainly understand why they might feel this way. It’s not as if the public has descended en masse on the Potomac and cried “enough!” Thus, the social engineering continues apace.
Apparently, we’re still permitted freedom of worship (for now), but not to apply the tenants of our faith in our daily life:
A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.
The order from administrative law judge Robert N. Spencer said Masterpiece Cakeshop in suburban Denver discriminated against a couple “because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage.”
The order says the cake-maker must “cease and desist from discriminating” against gay couples. Although the judge did not impose fines in this case, the business will face penalties if it continues to turn away gay couples who want to buy cakes.
What happened to freedom of conscience? Or of association? Or prohibiting involuntary servitude?
And that pesky 2nd Amendment? At least one serving Army officer has some ideas about that one:
Guns are tools. I use these tools in my job. But like all tools one must be trained and educated in their use. Weapons are there for the “well regulated militia.” Their use, therefore, must be in defense of the nation.
Which is why I am adding the following “Gun Plank” to the Bateman-Pierce platform. Here are some suggestions:
1. The only guns permitted will be the following:
- a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
- b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid. ((And who gave you the authority to determine that? — Jemison))
- c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place. ((…and if you can only fire five rounds total, it makes Big Brother’s job so much easier… — Jemison))
2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them…
There’s plenty more of this screed via the link.
Compare these attitudes with the type of events in yesterday’s post. Do you not see the links falling into place in the chains being forged for our nation?