For the last week, there’s been steady public anger over the killing of a lion in Africa. But most of those joining in to this outrage bandwagon probably don’t realize (or in many cases, don’t care) that:
– Behind the scenes of the well-publicized beheadings, ISIS has enslaved and sold thousands of Christian women and girls into sexual slavery. (Hello, “feminist” movement… are you listening?)
– Ongoing releases about the gruesome practices of Planned Parenthood strongly suggest their “donations” to medical research may well include babies who are born alive… but whose lives are quickly snuffed out in ways meant to achieve rough compliance with technicalities of law. Put another way: children are entering this world ever so briefly, only to have their organs harvested for ‘research’ in a way that would delight Joseph Mengele.
– The state of our economy and education system are so bad that teachers in Detroit regularly have to guess how much of their paycheck will show up each time… and fight hard to get any semblance of the wages due to them. This is but one example of the gross mismanagement of municipal resources resulting from years of ‘educrat’ and union domination, and isn’t going away any time soon. (Have you helped your children escape public schools — the dying relic that’s a legacy of Prussian statism? If not, why?)
– The ever-increasing wave of illegal immigrants in our nation (and elsewhere) continues to result in chaos, crime and death… and yet there is still no serious, concerted response to cut off these invasions, enforce the laws on the book, and to secure our sovereignty and borders. If anything, it almost seems the leaders of the Western world are out to ensure that world is swamped by the human tsunami… which begs the question: why?
– Despite the spectacular human catastrophe that resulted from experimentation with communism/fascism/statism in the 20th Century (and its continued infliction of misery today), its appeal (even if marketed under other names) seems to have grown in the U.S. and elsewhere. Those who don’t learn from history must pay dearly for the lessons over and over again, and it seems sometimes that many are simply incapable of learning.
In short: literally hellish ideologies are resurgent, the legacy of human slavery is used as a political cudgel in America even as the contemporary version goes unlamented and unchecked elsewhere, unwanted children are being chopped up and sold for parts, and the most free and materially successful civilization in human history is being left defenseless before an onslaught of invaders whose incompatible cultures and worldviews will destroy it. So cry for a lion if you must… but at least reserve some tears for the exponentially greater suffering of humans at the hands of other humans. No matter how cute
Simba Cecil might have been, he did not bear the imago dei.
And a world that refuses to recognize Yahweh will most certainly not care about what happens to His image bearers…