Posting has been light lately, but I’ve been doing what I can to keep up with events. Some observations:
- If the current trajectory in Korea sticks (i.e. move to denuclearize and formal end to the Korean War), it can be considered the most important foreign policy development since the immediate aftermath of 9/11. But don’t hold your breath waiting for the same people who screamed the nukes were falling four months ago to come to their senses and hand out a Nobel Peace Prize to the administration.
- With scores of migrants now attempting to climb the border barriers in our Southwest, it’s time to move past policing and start firing beanbags, pepper spray and other nasty items to dissuade the would-be housecrashers. Either we have a border and sovereignty, or we don’t. Which is it?
- The treatment of Sarah Huckabee Sanders by a “comedian” at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shows the wisdom of Trump foregoing attendance again this year. These people are losing their relevancy and their power… and they sense it.
- Question: why have we heard nothing new about the Las Vegas shooting since right after it happened? Is it plausible to believe our vast intelligence and law enforcement resources cannot put a picture together for the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history? Or is everybody too busy looking for Russian collusion under the beds?
- The much-anticipated report from Inspector General Horowitz is due soon. It will be informative to see how many already revealed dots that report connects. To that end, this is a great review:
There are three scary but crucial factors underlying the rapidly growing FBI scandal that most people miss, even though these factors are hidden in plain sight.
Recognizing and understanding this trio goes a long way toward explaining what has happened in the scandal — and where it is likely to go next… (read the whole thing)
Finally, I’ll note my curiosity about the increasingly frequent internet poster “Q” is fairly piqued. I’m a skeptic of anything that smacks as “Live Action Role Playing” as the kids call it, or “conspiracy theory” as our generation knows it. But I’ve been keeping an eye on this one for a while. As the various investigations under way come to their conclusions, it’ll be interesting to see how Q’s posts continue to pan out against the revelations. There’ve been enough synchronicities to this point that I’m willing to admit my interest now. If you aren’t familiar with “Q,” start here, then go here, here (for cast of characters and terms) and here (for attempted advance deciphering). That said, here’s hoping this recent post comes from legitimate high-level insight and points the way to the near future: