During the past 24 hours the news has been fixated on a series of at least nine (as of this writing) alleged explosive devices sent, it appears, exclusively to well-known figures on the Left: the Clintons and Obamas, George Soros, Maxine Waters, CNN, and so forth. However, it’s very much worth noting:
- None of these devices actually exploded (and authorities confirm some were not built to).
- None of them were actually delivered to their intended recipients
- CNN took time to take and post photographs of theirs (!), after supposedly removing it from its package (seriously… who does that if they believe they’re in mortal danger?)
Photos show several stamps… none of which were cancelled. In other words, these weren’t actually mailed through the Postal Service.
Why point all this out? Because sadly, in the America in which we now live, it’s entirely possible these are fake crimes intended to generate sympathy for a Democratic Party that may well lose again – badly – in the 2018 election cycle. If so, they would be far from the first such faked episodes intended for emotional manipulation.
At least one former military bomb disposal expert has weighed in on the available photographs, calling into question whether these were intended to be working devices at all, versus somewhat convincing props.
From the perspective of “qui bono” (who benefits), I’ll leave you with two thoughts:
- The GOP theme of “jobs, not mobs” has begun to resonate, given all the anti-Republican violence committed by Antifa and others over the past two years
- The army of migrants headed toward the Mexican border appears to have generated more support for Trump’s immigration viewpoint, rather than stirring the Hispanic vote to turn out for the Democrats.
Two disastrous developments for the Democrats with less than two weeks to go before election day. Just in the past few days, Her Hillariness has publicly pleaded with potential supporters to “Do something!” A sudden wave of alleged bombs is just the thing to change the subject from the two subjects above.
So excuse me if I reserve judgment on these little gifts instead of immediately declining to point out Leftist violence and violent rhetoric. I simply don’t trust the Left, or the media — but I repeat myself — enough to hold back like that. Regardless, whoever is behind these attacks, whatever their political persuasion, needs to be punished severely to make the point this is NOT acceptable. Far too many lines are being crossed in the past couple years. The trend does not bode well for what remains of our Republic.
Do your own diligence, and view every news narrative between now and November 6th with a very critical eye.