I’ve noted several times before how often overbearing liberal legislation is defended by the cry “it’s for the children.”
Interesting, then, that today’s temper tantrum known as “A day without women” resulted in so many female teachers taking leave that at least three entire school districts shut down.
And that’s just in three states. Who knows how much educational disruption is going on today? It wouldn’t be surprising to find that those few who stay on the job used the class time for indoctrination.
Modern liberalism is the politics of expedience and power, not principle. If it weren’t for double standards, they’d have no standards at all.
It’s a shame the governors of affected states won’t do as Ronald Reagan did with striking air traffic controllers. Firing the absent teachers and replacing them might actually DO something “for the children.”
A smattering of things I’ve noticed around the web in recent days:
– What would YOU do if the power went off for days… or weeks or more? It’s a question worth seriously considering, because it seems other folks are…
– The NAACP points out there’s no law, like, requiring the Massachusetts House of Representatives to expel a (liberal) member just because of a li’l thing like being convicted of sexual assault. (But remember, it’s the conservatives who are waging a so-called “War on Women…”)
– New dictionary entry: “Hypocrite – /ˈhipəˌkrit/ – one who campaigns to infringe the Second Amendment rights of others by campaigning for a law prohibiting even legal concealed carry firearms on school grounds… and then goes and does it himself. See also: Dwayne ‘Honest Mistake’ Ferguson”
– Sexual predation in public schools — up to 100 times more common than the more well-publicized cases involving priests?
– When you haven’t had a great deal of success, I suppose sometimes any little victory is worth crowing about. Talk about your cause going to the dogs…
– Timing is everything: the New York Times ponders “The end of snow?” — while 2/3 of the country is covered in it, and the Great Lakes are setting a record for ice cover. Ironic how so many adherents of the religion of Nature (of which one denomination is the Church of Global Warming) are so quick to accuse Christians of ignoring evidence, isn’t it?
And finally, just for fun, a modern twist to a classic tune. Enjoy!